Friday, September 3, 2010

What I've been eating

Here's what I've made over the past two weeks while I was traveling and trying to finish my bathroom.

Friday, when I got home from the airport, I made tomato soup and Grilled Cheese sandwiches with Jalapeno Jelly.


Tomato soup was the V-8 Tomato Basil soup, and I added some fresh basil I had.

For the sandwiches:

Multi-grain bread
Brie
Goat cheese
Jalapeno Jelly (I had some my darling sister made for me)
Olive oil

I spread the cheese on the bread, topped it with jelly, drizzled olive oil on the outside and stuck them on the Foreman.

I admit, I had never made grilled cheese on the "indoor electric grill" before, and it was SO easy. Must remember that.

This is a gourmet grilled cheese, and every bit as yummy as I hoped it would be. Crispy on the outside, it was tart and creamy with a sweet finish from the jelly, with just a touch of heat.


I also made Honey Bourbon baked ham with roasted potatoes and mushroom garlic green beans.
The mushroom garlic green beans are simply steam in bag beans with a can of mushrooms and some dried minced garlic. The potatoes are baby Yukon golds, cut up, drizzled with olive oil, and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning blend then roasted.

And for the Ham:

Packaged Ham slice

3 tablespoons honey


2 tablespoons bourbon

1 tablespoon soy sauce

3 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard

Splash apple cider

I combined everything but the ham, poured it over the ham slices, and let marinate for like half an hour before putting the whole thing in the oven. I baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes or until it was warmed through, basting with the marinade twice.

This was really yummy!

For the Labor Day weekend, I'm excited about working on recovering my ottoman, and making my fall wreath for the front door. I'm also running in the US 10K Classic on Monday morning! Let me know what you're working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails