Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Running

It seems like Labor Day weekend ushered in Fall weather.  The mornings are cooler, the breeze is back, and it seems like Fall is just around the corner! Add in Football games, and I'm a happy girl!

I love running this time of year. I don't die from the heat, but it's not so cold I don't want to get out there and run.

I competed in the US 10K Classic on Labor Day morning. It's billed as Georgia's most challenging 10K- and it is definitely hard! 6.2 miles- and 5 long hills. It's defnitely up and down with few flats.

Photo courtesy of Marietta Daily Journal

My goal was to finish! And I completed this in a time I can be proud of 1:14:15. Not too shabby for my second 10K!  The amazing part about this, is you're not alone. The whole way, there are people running beside you, huffing and puffing and I think I can-ing. And that's what gets me through. If they can do it, so can I! This amazing group of National Guardsmen ran the entire race in fatigues and with packs on. What an inspiration!

I'll be running a 5K this weekend with my friend Rachel, and I'm excited for us to cheer each other on! Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails