Friday, August 20, 2010

Upcoming adventures!

Since the bathroom renovation has been way more work than I ever thought it would be, and keeps adding side projects, I've been MIA blogging lately. However, I have been very busy planning new recipes to try next week and thinking about what I'm going to start next after I finish the bathroom.

I must be crazy! My first "little Project" will be to re-upholster my living room ottoman in some oatmeal colored cotton duck I found on sale. I'll post pictures so you can see my handiwork!

Anyways, since I'm going to be out of town this weekend visiting my wonderful Momma, I went ahead and planned my menu for next week. Thought I'd share:

Rice noodles with Chicken and Veggies, with Orange Broccoli
Gnocchi Florentine with Caesar salad
Ham steak with sweet potato fries, cinnamon apples, and creamed spinach
Tomato-basil soup with Jalapeno jelly grilled cheese sandwiches
Artichoke-Goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts with Pear and Walnut salad

I'm a bit worried about how the grilled cheese are going to turn out, but I think they SOUND good. A bit spicy, cheesy, gooey, and sweet. With crispy grilled bread.

Now, for the travel part. As I mentioned, I'm going to see my Mom. I have been after her for about a year now to re-do her living room. I love it, it's so pretty, but has been the same for 10 years, so it's time for an update! One of the benefits of having a designer as a daughter- you get all that spectacular design advice for free.  We're going to have a consultation and then go source fabric to re-upholster her existing sofa and wing back chair.  Stay tuned for pictures/ design board!

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Free design advice? Think still working on paying for college and that design degree!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails