Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Bunco time!

Last night was Bunco night! As always, it was a lot of fun and a nice chance to relax with girlfriends.


For those of you not familiar with Bunco, it’s a dice game played at tables of four. It’s similar to Yahtzee. A Bunco primer can be found Here . Basically, it’s an excuse for girls to get together, gossip, eat, and drink!

For our monthly group, we are each responsible for bringing an appetizer or dessert, plus our $5 buy-in. The hostess provides the place, the drinks, and the Bunco prize.

My appetizer this month was Pizza Breadsticks.

This is a combination of several online recipes. I always try to bring something special to Bunco nights, so I start researching and brainstorming a week or so out to figure out what to take.

So, for Pizza Breadsticks:

1 tube Refrigerated Breadsticks ( I used Pillsbury)

Prepared Pesto

Prepared Bruschetta topping ( I used Private Selection by Kroger)

Shredded Mozzarella cheese

Shredded Parmesan cheese



Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll breadsticks, do not separate. I recommend smushing them together to re-seal the perforations. Spread pesto on top. Layer Bruschetta topping on top of Pesto. Top with cheese. Bake according to package directions. Cut into 1” x 2” pieces and serve warm.



Kristen brought these AWESOME "sliders" that are really cupcakes. They were so cute! And really really good too. I could have eaten about 10. Kristen has said she is going to start a blog too.. So  when she does, I will post the link so you can all check out the yummy goodness. Until then, here is a picture of the sliders:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails