Sunday, August 29, 2010

I've been cooking

When I wasn't working on finishing the bathroom, I did manage to cook a few things.

After being out of town for work a few days last week, I was really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! There's nothing quite like home, is there?

I love lazy Saturday mornings, and I appreciated this one even more since I'd just gotten home! To celebrate, I made Mom's cinnamon rolls. They are so gooey, and not hard AT ALL!

The Ingredients are:

1 loaf frozen white bread dough or dinner roll dough (the unbaked kind)
Margarine
Cinnamon Sugar
Raisins

For the glaze:
Powdered Sugar
Milk

Thaw the dough overnight in the refrigerator. Dust a cutting board or the countertop with flour, and roll the dough out into a rectangle, 9-10" wide. Spread the dough with margarine, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and raisins. Roll lengthwise into a roll. Take a 12" piece of thread or dental floss. Slip it under the roll, cross the ends, and pull, cutting off a piece. This is so much easier than trying to use a knife.  Place your roll slices into a greased baking dish (like a 9" round cake pan). Make sure they have room to grow. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm, draft- free place (like the microwave).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slide the risen rolls in there, and let them bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.  In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar with just enough milk to form a thick glaze. Spread/ pour on top of the hot cinnamon rolls.

Eat. Don't forget to lick your fingers.

These are so yummy! One loaf of bread dough made 12 rolls, which I figure is enough for 3-4 people or 1-2 teenage boys.

Thanks Mom, for making this for me growing up. I love how comforting it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails