Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Food Wrap up

I mentioned all that Sissy was making for our Thanksgiving spread here. And true to what I said in that post, I did not help at all, but instead consumed massive quantities of wine. She REALLY outdid herself too.

Yeast rolls from scratch people. From scratch. I do not have that patience, time, or skill. Which I did not get a picture of. But trust me, they were yummy.

Here are pictures of the buffet:

 The dressing, which there is no recipe for, but was adapted from some epicurious recipe, plus who knows how many others. And it was REALLY good, full of cranberries and artisan bread and nutty wild rice. And some veggies.
She also made mac and cheese from scratch, but couldn't find the recipe for me.

Homemade Cranberry Orange Relish
 Spinach salad with homemade Balsamic vinagrette.
 Sweet Potato souffle. Again, no recipe.
 And for dessert: Pumpkin Spice Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting (YUMMY!!!!)
 And Sweet Potato Creme Brulee - which was my favorite!


Then, Saturday morning, she made overnight baked french toast:


Sissy is a huge Annie's Eats fan. So a lot of inspiration came from there. And from Cooking Light via myrecipes.com

Here are links to some of the recipes:
(aka the ones she didn't modify the heck out of until it is basically her own)

Yeast Rolls
The Cake
The Creme Brulee
The French Toast
The Soup I didn't get a picture of but that was incredibly yummy


So, folks, my sweet Sissy does not think she has anything to talk about. I think she should write a food blog. So I can have a place to get all her recipes.  Anyone else agree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails