Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Bean Arugula and Chicken salad

I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon and eat healthier. I'd gotten a recipe for this salad using salmon in a mailer last summer and put it aside to try. I found it again when going through and re-organizing my recipe binder.

The original recipe is from Weight Watchers.

I used:
(4 servings)
1 15 oz can white cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
2- 5 oz cans chunk chicken breast, drained
1 red onion, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon (3 tbsp)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
arugula

Mix everything but the arugula together, and put it on top of the arugula.



OK, so this needs some changes to the original recipe.

I would dress the arugula with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper before adding the chicken-bean mixture on top. It needed something bad!

Also, I highly recommend  cutting WAY back on the onion. Like maybe 1/4 of an onion would be good.  Mine was intensely onion-y. Good thing Z was at his house, because man. Onion breath in a bad way.  And I'm a huge fan of onions.

I ate this the next day for lunch at work, and it definitely needed more dressing as the beans and chicken absorbed a lot of the original dressing.

It's a very good salad, just needs some changes to make it more palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails