Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pork Chops, Stuffing, and Apples Dinner- Tasty Tuesday

A lot of people in blog-land do a Tasty Tuesday feature of a new recipe. I'm going to try to make sure I post new recipes on Tuesdays at least, and more often if I have good ones to share.

Mom sent me this really easy Fall pork chop recipe. It was really yummy too!

Ingredients:

4 pork chops
1 package stuffing mix, prepared
1 can Apple Pie filling (or make your own)

I had made apples earlier and made this recipe to use them up.
I peeled, cored, and cubed 6 small apples. Cook in 1/2 c Splenda granular and 1/2 c water with cinnamon, and nutmeg 30 minutes over medium-low heat or until soft. You're trying to make somewhere between pie filling and apple sauce.

Grease a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
Spread apple filling on the bottom of the pan
Top with prepared stuffing mix
Top that with the raw pork chops. Sprinkle pork chops on top with salt, pepper, and any other spices you'd like (cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice would be good, I think curry powder would too, or a "glaze" with some apricot jam.)

Bake in a 350 degree oven until the pork chops are done (I cooked my boneless chops about 30 minutes.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails