Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kitchen Adventures and new recipes


Do you plan your menu for the week?




For a long time, I didn't. It's just me and Sir Alex, and well, he always eats dog food. So I didn't plan what I was going to eat, instead just flying by the seat of my pants.




Well, a few things happened. I forgot to eat dinner a lot of nights. When I did eat, I ate random things out of the freezer. And I spent a FORTUNE on take-out. When they know you at the Mexican place and know what you're going to eat, you're there too much!



So, I started planning my menus for the week. I even made a pretty template to make me want to do it!


Isn't it fun?!





Anyways, in my menu-planning zest, I also decided to try a bunch of new recipes.




I made:



Risotto Primavera- very yummy

Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta


Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

Shrimp Jambalaya

Blackberry Pork Chops

Blackberry Cobbler


All very yummy. But again, it's just me. And these all made for 4-6 people. Note to self- read the recipe. If it calls for 2 pounds of chicken, it's probably gonna make a lot. But then again, it's hard to cook for 1. I mean, 1/4 of an onion. 1 chicken breast? 1 carrot? Not exactly grocery store quantities.



I don't eat leftovers, so I ended up putting things into multiple tupperwares- one for the freezer, one to give away. My neighbor loves me now, since I keep knocking on his door, shoving a container in his hands, and walking away.


I'm considering it a learning experience, and making notes on all the recipes what the proper amounts should be! Once I figure out how to link to the recipes, I'll post them in case you want to try. And have a bigger household.

What new recipes are you trying?



This week, I'm trying: homemade Brunswick stew, gnocchi florentine, and I'm making grilled veggies over whole wheat couscous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails