Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Sissy's Edition

My sister, wonderful as she is, wrote an entire Tasty Tuesday post for me!  I guess you can consider this my first guest post!
Take it away Sis!


I am a big fan of summer salads. I probably have about a million bookmarked, printed out, and starred in my feed reader (okay that's an exaggeration, but it is a lot). They are a quick one dish meal that, in my busy world, are a life saver. Susie Homemaker will also be the first to tell you that I don't eat enough vegetables. It's not that I don't like vegetables, I do. I just like bread and cheese more. So I typically make salads like this one on the weekend when I have time, and then save them for lunch during the week, when I need energy for work. I pulled this one out to make use of my bumper crop of herbs and a few fresh tomatoes from the plant in my yard. It would also be a good way to take advantage of some great farmer's market produce. 
You can find Josie's recipe here.


I made a few changes from Josie's recipe for simplicity and to suit what I had. I used garden tomatoes, diced, chopped my herbs in my food processor (I also didn't measure, just eyeballed- don't tell Susie!), and mixed my vinaigrette in a jelly jar right before adding it to the salad. This made a great lunch, dinner, and filling for the last tortilla from taco night.  It made a healthy 6 main dish servings, so it would also be great for any summer parties. I am sure it would probably keep well for about a week in the fridge, but mine only lasted a few days- it was so good! I will be making this one again, maybe with some crumbled goat cheese and basalmic added to the vinaigrette. 


Thank you Sissy! What a great Summer salad idea! I can't wait to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Let me know what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails