Here's the before:
And here she is after:
To make her look so pretty and matching, I
Unscrewed the seat and set it aside to recover while watching the Georgia game
Sanded her down until the finish was dull and spots of bare wood were showing
Washed the entire piece with soap and water and let dry
Paint three very light coats of pure white glossy interior latex paint ( I used a Valspar sample can) with a good quality brush.
While the paint is drying, take the staples out from the existing cover. I did this on the living room floor watching football. I use a screwdriver to pry the staples up, then pull them out with needle nose pliers. There's probably an easier way, but this works for me.
Take the old cover off. If you need to add new foam/ padding, do so now.
Lay a piece of muslin or white fabric on a flat surface ( like the floor) and smooth out. Cut out around the seat bottom, leaving a generous amount to staple with.
Pull up the top side taut, and put a staple in. Repeat with the opposite side.
Go back to the top side, and start adding additional staples. Add 3 or 4, then go do the bottom. Repeat around the sides until you've stapled the hell out of it.
Pull the point of the corner in to the center and staple. Fold the wings in neatly, and staple to make pretty corners.
Repeat the entire process with your pretty fabric.
Once that's done, hammer in any staples that decided to kick back.
Put the seat on the chair, and screw it back in.
Display the chair in a prominent area, and mention to everyone you know about your project.
Linked up to: